Tuesday 20 December 2011

Missing...

Salaam

Alhamdulillah.  I am back.  I have been trying to be back for a while now.  Over tea this afternoon my dear wife made a profound comment: she missed reading my blog.  I did not realize that.  A few of my blogger friends have stopped blogging, and so I thought that is how the blog universe works.  Your blog dies silently.

You see, my wife love reading blogs, of shoppings, holidays, life, cookings... you name it.  She reads the blogs linked on the right hand column.  Every day.  She will share with me the very interesting ones and the one yesterday evening prompted me to dust off this blog.

The blog was of Pak Mat, at http://tatak-tatak.blogspot.com/ and his blog entry of death was very sad indeed.  Pak Mat is a retiree, in his mid 60's and had just returned from Haj pilgrimage.  One of his four roommates during Haj died whilst in the Holy land, and his narration of what they faced brought tears to my eyes.  Pak Mat's blog was so well written that it does not reflect a middle age person where English is not his or her mother tongue.

Anyway, it is two days short of 5 months hiatus for me.  There are lots of potential blog entries missed, such as:
  • my wife's birthday at the end of July
  • all my three children completed their Ramadhan fast without missing a single day!
  • our 4th Hari Raya Aidil Fitri in our crib
  • our 11th wedding anniversary (I love you Sayang) and the subsequent celebratory trip to Melbourne
  • Iman's 8th birthday (when my wife and I was on our last day in Melbourne
  • exam blues for all my three children and Muhammad finished 6th in Year 5, Iman 1st in Year 2 and Aaeeshah 2nd in KG3.  
  • Aaeeshah's Kindergarten graduation ceremony (and buying her gift even before we reach home!)
  • I was honored to be with a man blinded through an industrial accident 21 years ago, and travelled around the world to talk about safety - how he had disappointed his family and friends
  • My wife and I travelled to Bandung with a couple of bloggers
  • Local holiday in December - 2 days leave left, what to do (and of course $$ :|)
  • 2012!
It took me a good 1 hour to write this up whilst watching the 8 o'clock news.  I hope it'll be more frequent.

I needed this.  This is what I do for my day job, well sort of: communicate on Safety. 

Till next time, InsyaAllah.  I hope you enjoyed it.  I did.

Salaam, Gembo

1 comment:

UmmiRosma said...

I agree with Mrs G...but at the same time...I have to squeeze my time to do blog updates too...hehehe