Saturday 9 July 2011

Alhamdulillah... what next?

Assalamu 'Alaikum

I mentioned in my previous post I moved to a new job, now looking after Health, Safety and Environment Data & Reporting (HSE).

I was also required to attend a NEBOSH Certificate course (to do with Occupational Health and Safety), which I attended dry, yes, dry with no previous experience in safety at all.  It was quite surreal and intimidating to be sitting amongst others who have years of experience under their belts.

The course dates couldn't have been worse - it was during my last 2 weeks as Insurance Advisor and during handover to my successor.  The routine for the first week of studies was: wake up at 6, drive kids to school at 7, attend classes 7.30 to 4, back to office for handover from 4.30 to 7.30, revise from 10 to 2 am.... and repeat seqence all over again.  The second week, I couldn't even do the handover, my brain just refused to cooperate.  And I had to rely on 2 cans of Red Bull every day. Yes, 2. Every day.  It made me alert and hyper, but the energy level shot down by 6pm.

Since the final exam on 1st April till 3rd week of June, I've been nervously checking my mailboxes - email and the red box - so worried about what the result would be.  I finally received my results via email on the 3rd week of June and I passed!  Alhamdulillah.  And a couple of days ago I got the official slip via snail mail, and it is now confirmed: I passed with a D... YES!  I passed, with a D!


My wife was so happy for me.  She had been there for me, handled the kids all by herself during the 2 weeks, well, except for me sending the kids to school and look after my meals and everything.  The kids were also ecstatic to hear their daddy passed.  It was a huge relief.  My colleagues were surprised when I told I passed with the D, and were very generous with their compliments.

Alhamdulillah.  I've spoken to the boss, what next?  Diploma is next, possibly.  For the mean time I just need to get my hands dirty.  Get busy.  So far so good, that I think I got my name crossed out from a few people's Hari Raya mailing list, one example was my post on Just a thought.

Well, that's life.  But Alhamdulillah.  All the efforts and sacrifices paid off.

Wassalam & Have a Great & Safe Weekend All,
Mr G

No comments: